15 months ago, the coming of the new Sense range gave rise to a small revolution in the world of cruising monohulls. Its success widely exceeded all expectations and the creation of the 55ft sailing yacht Sense, shown at the Nautic boat show in Paris 2011, promises to satisfy the appetites of those who look enviously at super yachts. This new dream cruiser provides an astonishing variety of the attributes you would find on the large 100’ luxury yachts built by CNB, a subsidiary of the Beneteau group.
The Sense superyacht concept marks a new era in lifestyle at sea. The new luxury yacht Sense (55’) has reached new maturity and has become even more relevant. The opening up of theinterior and exterior spaces, new access to the sea, overall organisation of the yacht into subtly linked but independent living areas, hull reducing the heel angle providing seakeeping second to none, all make good Sense, as does the increase in size.
There are three living spaces which, from stern to bow, combine privacy and the pleasure of living together, with a balance close to perfection for a 16m yacht.
Foreward, the night space accommodates bedrooms and shower rooms. The owner cabin offers benefits belonging to the world of luxury yachts, with its shower room worthy of a fine apartment, private office, many practical storage places, and a spacious and open floor area. The lacquered wood finish and indirect lighting will appeal to even the most demanding owners.
For guests, the Sense superyacht’s (55’) accommodation is just as luxurious with two twin cabins fitted out like private suites: entry by a large sliding door, access to the bed from the front and sides, private toilet.
The rear spaces, totally dedicated to the pleasure of sharing the best, resemble reception areas, indoors and out.
Luxury is also being able to choose. The Sense (55’) yacht offers the owner a choice of finish, such as upholstering certain items of furniture in leather, choosing a high-gloss finish for the floor or a carpet particularly soft to the touch. It can also be through the personalization of the hull colour. All these details are what make this boat different. They are the hallmark of an exceptional sailing yacht within a controlled budget.
Sailing simplicity Since on-board, the essential pleasure remains that of the next stopover, the sailing yacht Sense (55’) is the yacht designed to sail efficiently and comfortably. Its excellent hull rigidity and perfect balance under sail, guarantee surprising sailing speeds with seakeeping second to none among monohulls.
Manoeuvring simplicity The use of Dock&Go technology for the yacht Sense’s (55’) motorization is possible for owners looking for simplicity. A distillation of engineering, this exclusive combination of a diesel engine with a rotating Pod120 – controlled by a joystick at the helm station – brings confidence to the most hesitant crews when it comes to manoeuvring. Apart from guaranteeing power and handling – low water resistance and more efficient engine drive – the Dock&Go on this boat provides extra comfort: moving along more silently and reducing vibrations.
Main characteristics of the 55ft Beneteau sailing yacht Sense:
- The helmsman seats can be lifted to free the access to the bathing platform.
- For greater safety under sail a vertical hatch can be lifted to close the cockpit.
- Instrument panel at each helm station.
- U-shaped starboard cockpit seats around a foldable telescopic table which can be adjusted electrically: lunch at a high position, cocktail and relaxation at a low position, sun bath in a low opened out position.
- Large plexiglass surrounding the roof providing omnipresent natural light in the saloon and opening up this area with a new living space in the terrace/cockpit.
- Very comfortable companionway with three steps leading to the saloon (instead of the usual 5), sloping at an angle of 45° (instead of the usual 60°).
- Chart table with a direct view of the cockpit. The seat has a system that lifts the cushion (15°) to align it with the port tack heel.
- Modular U-shaped saloon: the luxury saloon table can be folded and lowered with an electrically controlled foot.
- Multifunctional central piece of furniture offering extra seating for two people by the saloon table and a 32 inch retractable television on a lift. A choice location enabling heel alignment beside the galley and providing an extra hand rail.
- Integrated long shaped galley with fully hidden electrical appliances whennot in use: pull-out worktop over hob, panel in front of the oven.
- Bilge hull optimised for efficient sailing with a moderate heel.
- Sail drive engine and Dock&Go configuration (= 120 HP power).
- Autonomy: up to 930 litres of fresh water and 830 litres of fuel
MAIN PROVISIONAL TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE 55ft SAILING YACHT SENSE
Naval Architect: Berret-Racoupeau Yacht Design
Interior designer: Nauta Design
• Length overall 17.20 m
• Hull length 16.80 m
• Hull beam 4.97 m
• Draught – Standard Shallow draught keel – Cast iron 2.35 m
• Air draught (max) 23.91 m
• Light displacement 18,560 Kg
• Fuel tank capacity (max) 830 L
• Freshwater capacity (max) 970L
• Standard motorization 75CV SD120
• Dock&Go motorization Pod120
• Mainsail 74 m²
• Genoa (105 %) 78,50 m²
• Asymmetric spinnaker 208.3 m²
• CE Certification requested: A10/B12/C16